Smartick® Tick Remover
This Smartick tool is a great way of safely removing ticks from your pets. The Smartick tick remover removes ticks quickly, safely and painlessly. The tick is removed with a slight twisting motion. Due to the special shape, the tick's belly is not pressed, which prevents the risk of the transmission of pathogens.
- Doesn’t leave the tick’s rostrum in the skin
- Doesn’t squeeze the tick’s abdomen unlike tweezers and other instruments which exert a pressure on the tick
- Removes ticks of any size
- Removes ticks from animals and people
- Doesn’t need any chemical products (alcohol, ether,...)
- Enables a quick and painless tick removal
- Unbreakable, hardwearing and infinitely reusable
The Smartick® Tick Remover doesn’t leave the tick’s mouthparts in the animal. The tick’s rostrum (the part that is embedded in the skin and improperly referred to as “the tick’s head”) is covered with backward pointing spikes that allow the tick to “anchor” in the skin. By pulling up on the tick, the spikes will rise and lock the rostrum in the skin. The tick may break leaving body parts resting in the skin and causing a painful inflammation, or an infection.
By twisting, the spikes bend into the axis of rotation, and the tick is easily removed, without traction, decreasing the risks of breaking the rostrum.
The Smartick® Tick Remover doesn’t squeeze the tick’s abdomen. While removing a tick, it is essential not to compress it, reducing the risk of saliva back-flow. A tick’s saliva contains irritating substances and sometimes microorganisms that can lead to infections and/or allergies.